Search This Blog

Get into the ring! How this works...

This is easy! Each week on Thursday I post my homily idea...my main focus for preaching this coming Sunday. What I am hoping for is a reaction from people in the pews. Does my "focus" connect with your daily life, faith, and experience? Or not? Either affirm the direction I am going in (by giving me an example from your life) or challenge me, ask for clarification! Questions are the best! Reaction rather than reflection is what I'm looking for here. Don't be afraid, get in the ring. Ole!



Sunday, November 28, 2010

Advent I - Homily

The homily from Sunday, November 28th, Advent I is in the library.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father, the Gospel today talked about one being taken and one left, etc. The people that believe in the rapture use this passage to prove their rapture theory. How are we to interpret it, since Catholics do not subscribe to the rapture fallacy? Thanks -- L

TMW said...

Probably too complex to answer here. Don't argue with fundamentalists...they are not free. I have heard two interpretations.
One: the two people are the spiritual nature and the nature of the flash. One is taken and one is left.
Second: there are actually two people involved here one is converted one is not. They are each doing the same things but in very radically different ways.