Search This Blog

Get into the ring! How this works...

This is easy! Each week on Thursday I post my homily idea...my main focus for preaching this coming Sunday. What I am hoping for is a reaction from people in the pews. Does my "focus" connect with your daily life, faith, and experience? Or not? Either affirm the direction I am going in (by giving me an example from your life) or challenge me, ask for clarification! Questions are the best! Reaction rather than reflection is what I'm looking for here. Don't be afraid, get in the ring. Ole!



Friday, March 21, 2014

March 23, lent 3 Homily Prep

-Last Sunday's homily is available by email
-This Sunday's Scriptures can be found at USCCB.org
-I will be celebrating mass this weekend at 4:00 PM, 8:00 AM and 12:30 PM on Sunday

Do you renounce Satan and all his empty show?



2 comments:

anon 1 said...

I think it is the "little things" that comprise the "slippery slope". What we all consider to be major sins - murder, for instance - are easy enough to avoid day to day. They are clear signs of evil to us. But as you mention here, it's the little things that we may easily be tempted to do and to sweep under the rug. The "little white lies", a sneak peek at our classmate's paper, a little bit of gossip - those are the things that on a daily basis we may fool ourselves into thinking of as harmless. And that's where the slippery slope begins. Over time it can become difficult to draw a line and repeated behavior takes place. Worse yet, it's also in these "little sins" that it is easy to, and frequently does, involve the cooperation of another person. So not only are we harming our own God-filled life, but we are bringing another down that path with us. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

You are such a grace . . . thank you!