Search This Blog

Get into the ring! How this works...

This is easy! Each week on Thursday I post my homily idea...my main focus for preaching this coming Sunday. What I am hoping for is a reaction from people in the pews. Does my "focus" connect with your daily life, faith, and experience? Or not? Either affirm the direction I am going in (by giving me an example from your life) or challenge me, ask for clarification! Questions are the best! Reaction rather than reflection is what I'm looking for here. Don't be afraid, get in the ring. Ole!



Saturday, January 14, 2017

Jan 15 Homily Prep

-Last Sunday's homily is available by email
-This Sunday's Scriptures can be found at www.usccb.org -check out this week's LinC Letter at www.parishlincletter.blogspot.com
-I will be celebrating mass at 11:00am on Sunday

He's the Lamb, Who are You?

In the scriptures many persons are identified for us....who are they?  Israel, Paul, the church at Corinth, John, Jesus....

Identity is at the heart of mission.  So, who are you? In what relationship do you know yourself best, first, most dominating in your life?

Do you know yourself first and foremost, fundamentally and existentially, in your waking moment and deepest dreams as one related to God? Or, is your self-knowledge in reflection of some lesser entity?

Does that identity affect your daily walk, mission, happiness?

3 comments:

Child of God said...

Being reborn as a child of God through Baptism, it does strike me that we are existentially different from who we were prior to that event. I know that more clearly now than I did as I was growing up. Looking back over my life I can see how I am "growing into" that identity. Seeing ourselves that way changes how we relate to others, perhaps it even changes what we choose to do with our lives and what motivates us to get up in the morning. Even times of sin and brokenness are different because we see those times in the light of faith and they can offer us opportunities for choosing to strengthen our relationship with Love Himself.

So, does that identity affect my daily walk? Indeed it does, but I am in such great need of reminders and encouragement to stay turned and focused on The Way to go.

Tom Sawyer said...

I can add little to this beautiful comment except to agree that we first encounter our Risen Lord and our lives are changed as we deny self and become transformed through His grace then as we engage others we allow Hid life to extend outward so we are His Holy Church.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful insight. I never really thought about it much less be able to put it into words as you did, but yes, when I wake each morning the first "feeling" I have is that I am God's. And this is carried out throughout the day.

Thanks for the great insight!