Search This Blog

Get into the ring! How this works...

This is easy! Each week on Thursday I post my homily idea...my main focus for preaching this coming Sunday. What I am hoping for is a reaction from people in the pews. Does my "focus" connect with your daily life, faith, and experience? Or not? Either affirm the direction I am going in (by giving me an example from your life) or challenge me, ask for clarification! Questions are the best! Reaction rather than reflection is what I'm looking for here. Don't be afraid, get in the ring. Ole!



Friday, May 19, 2017

May 21 Homily Prep

-Last Sunday's homily is available by email
-This Sunday's Scriptures can be found at www.usccb.org
-check out this week's LinC Letter at www.parishlincletter.blogspot.com
-I will be celebrating masses this weekend at  5:30 PM on Saturday and 11:00AM  on Sunday.

 Would anyone ask?

 My barber had foot surgery a couple months ago and, for someone who spends their entire day on their feet, it was a big problem. On my last visit there I  watched him walk across the room and then I said "your foot still hurting you?"  He said "No, the  foots fine".   I said "oh? You were limping."  He  said, "I was limping? My foots not hurting. Maybe I just got into the habit of limping."

 The second reading from this Sunday's mass encourages us to be prepared with a valid explanation for others as to why we are so full of hope. My question is would anyone  inquire with me or with you about the obvious hope in our lives? Is there any symptoms noticeable in our life that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead and has changed  The way we walk through life?

That's my question. What would be a symptom of hope that would be noticeable about our lives that would cause others to inquire?

No comments: