Search This Blog

Get into the ring! How this works...

This is easy! Each week on Thursday I post my homily idea...my main focus for preaching this coming Sunday. What I am hoping for is a reaction from people in the pews. Does my "focus" connect with your daily life, faith, and experience? Or not? Either affirm the direction I am going in (by giving me an example from your life) or challenge me, ask for clarification! Questions are the best! Reaction rather than reflection is what I'm looking for here. Don't be afraid, get in the ring. Ole!



Friday, May 12, 2017

May 14 Homily Prep

-Last Sunday's homily is available by email
-This Sunday's Scriptures can be found at www.usccb.org
-check out this week's LinC Letter at www.parishlincletter.blogspot.com
-I will be celebrating mass at 8:00 and 11:00am on Sunday


 Stairway to heaven

 Jesus in this late Easter season turns the word toward the movement, the movement of the Ascension and the movement of the Holy Spirit and Pentecost. In his conversation with his followers  it is Thomas, again, who provides the introduction of Jesus as "the way, the truth, and the life." This introduction of Jesus his identity a rose out of the Lords prophecy  of his going away.

The twist in our spirituality and in the gospel is that Jesus is the destination of his own journey. This changes all of reality for those who believe.  By following Jesus "the way" we can encounter the Father.

 I am comparing the life of grace in Jesus in the church to the stairway to heaven. What I mean by that is that every step on life's journey can be transformed from emptiness into the kingdom of God. The mystery of encounter continues and extends itself into the life of the church and the life of a Christian.

Take the next step into the kingdom of having "the stairway to heaven," by entering into the moment before you.

No comments: