Search This Blog

Get into the ring! How this works...

This is easy! Each week on Thursday I post my homily idea...my main focus for preaching this coming Sunday. What I am hoping for is a reaction from people in the pews. Does my "focus" connect with your daily life, faith, and experience? Or not? Either affirm the direction I am going in (by giving me an example from your life) or challenge me, ask for clarification! Questions are the best! Reaction rather than reflection is what I'm looking for here. Don't be afraid, get in the ring. Ole!



Friday, May 5, 2017

May 7 homily Prep

-Last Sunday's homily is available by email
-This Sunday's Scriptures can be found at www.usccb.org
-check out this week's LinC Letter at www.parishlincletter.blogspot.com
-I will be celebrating mass at 4pm on Sat and 9:30am and 12:30pm on Sunday

Where did this Shepherd idea come from?

Jesus was a Jew who knew and loved the Hebrew Scriptures. Jesus was also the divine son of God.  The prophecy of Ezekiel claimed that God would shepherd His people Israel. Jesus knew Himself as God, the new Shepherd of the flock.  When God raised Jesus from the dead he broke open a new any ternal world into which he called all humanity to live in freedom and life.

 Those of us who believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead can walk in God's world, and God's ways. That would make us part of the flock of God who is our shepherd.

Do we know God to be our Shepherd?   If we do not know God as our shepherd and God's world as our pasture and gods voice as our Way, Who IS the shepherd of our lives?   In whose world do we exist? In who's away and whose voice do we follow?  Are we open to hearing the voice of resurrected Jesus our God who is a shepherd for us?

No comments: